I have been loving cooking lately. Ever since I got my own apartment I have been having the time of my life cooking – mostly because I couldn’t really cook much where I was living previously. I prefer to cook quick easy meals instead of the complex options, the easier the better 🙂
As mentioned in previous posts, I don’t follow recipes/directions, in my opinion, they are just a bunch of suggestions.
Here is the recipe for the meal I made. It is a Lemon Garlic Pasta dish.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp salt and pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and then drain pasta.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and lemon zest. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper and cook for an additional minute.
3. Add butter to the pan and, once melted, add baby spinach, pasta, reserved pasta water and lemon juice. Once spinach begins to wilt, stir in Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta.
2. Put out a plate of flour and mix in 2-3 dashes of Italian seasoning, 3-4 dashes of Lemon & Pepper seasoning, 2 dashes of salt, and 2 dashes of pepper. Stir up the flour so that the seasonings are evenly distributed. Cover both sides of chicken breasts with flour.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium/high heat. Add a fork full of minced garlic. Once the oil is sizzling, place the chicken breasts in the pan. Cook the chicken so that both sides are a light golden brown. Pour in fresh lemon juice. Cook for an addition 2 minutes. Take chicken breasts off the stove and put to the side.
4. Add less than 1/4 of butter to the pan and, once melted, add spinach and mushrooms. Let cook on medium heat for 5 ish minutes, or until you feel like both the spinach and mushrooms are cooked to your liking. Put pasta into the skillet with the mushrooms and spinach. Also, toss in the chicken breasts. Add a dash of salt. Add half a fork full of minced garlic. Cook on low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
5. Serve accordingly & add parmesan cheese as desired 🙂
This meal only took me about 25 minutes to make and was super easy!
Thanks for KUWK 🙂